Looking for better content marketing results? You’ll find them when content meets conversion.
My mission is to provide innovative solutions for content marketers…
- To leverage content for more traffic and conversions.
- To grow your business efficiently and effectively.
- To write better and enjoy the process.
Content marketing isn’t just about creating blog posts, videos, and other content. And what works for one business won’t necessarily work for the next.
Your success depends on finding the strategy that works best for your size of business, your industry, your customers, and more.
Lot’s of gooroos are talking about content marketing. For some of them, content is an add-on to whatever else they do—like traffic, conversion, or SEO. But few of these brands are focused on what works for non-enterprise businesses, nor are they helping you integrate content into everything else you do.
My strategies work for startups, SaaS companies, agencies, and any business trying to establish itself or scale for growth.
If you want to learn what’s working in content marketing—and how you can get results in your business—you’re in the right place. I’ll give you training and support that’s understandable and actionable, so you can focus on getting results, not just creating more content.
Download a copy of my premium newsletter, Content4Growth for free ($49 value).
Explore my books on the Ten Mile Press website. Or buy them on Amazon:
- The Business Blog Handbook, for step-by-step guidance on leveraging your business blog for growth
- Content Creation, for 10 tricks to write better and with less effort, create more content, and do it all in record time
What I Do
I have a unique skill mix—writing, publishing and marketing—which is perfect for getting real results from content marketing. Add 25+ years of experience writing for all areas of marketing and PR, and you’ve got the recipe for success. I’m a strong believer in content marketing for results, not just for content’s sake.
That’s why, as a content strategist, I do more than evaluate your blog. I look at all your content, the channels you’re using, and even your message.
After doing that for the Crazy Egg blog:
- I doubled traffic and tripled subscriptions in just one year.
- After two years, subscriptions had increased 565% and traffic 173%.
After leading Mirasee’s rebrand from Firepole Marketing and implementing a new content strategy:
- Pageviews increased 190%.
- Pages per session more than doubled, reducing the bounce rate to an almost unheard of 8%.
My goal is always quality and results. And I’m able to inspire the writers I train and manage to create the best possible content—which translates into better results for you.
Want to chat about your own content efforts? A 1-hour consultation is often enough to solve your thorniest challenge.
Get my best strategies delivered to your inbox every month. Content4Growth is the premiere conversion content newsletter, packed with content strategies you can apply today for massive conversions and growth.
I’ve written for top brands around the world, including QuickSprout, Unbounce, KISSmetrics, Digital Marketer, and more. The rebranded Mirasee website was written almost entirely by me. My articles, books, courses, and content are recognized for their depth and ability to engage readers.
Training and Coaching
I can work with you one a one-time or ongoing basis to help you figure out what works, write better copy, and implement strategies that get your desired results.
Need training or coaching to improve your content writing skills? One-on-one coaching may be your best option.
I don’t accept copywriting projects anymore, but here’s my track record:
- One sales insert I wrote increased responses by 6,300%.
- One of my white papers initiated an 11% response rate.
- After developing a marketing campaign for a new product line, I was asked to stop marketing. My campaign generated more leads than the sales team could follow up on.
Why I Do What I Do
At heart, I’m a philosopher and student of human nature. I love learning and sharing what I’ve learned. And I love building things from scratch.
Nothing gives me a greater thrill than knowing my work has helped someone overcome a problem or get the outcome they were aiming for.
So in a way, it’s all for fun. But in another way, it’s all about my community: the writers, the content marketers, and the entrepreneurs who want to create content that converts.
In my books, courses, and client work, I aim to provide innovative solutions that really work. Bottom line, I do it because it’s a win-win for my community and me.
The Values That Guide My Business
I believe that more is rarely better. Streamlining your efforts can give you bigger results faster. But that requires efficient, effective practices, not chasing bright, shiny objects.
I believe that quality content requires quality at every stage of development: ideation, research, writing, and presentation. Do the work, and you’ll get results.
I believe that focusing on the 20% that gets results is smarter than doing 100% of what “they” say you should be doing. You’ll find that 20% by experimenting and testing.
I believe that copy-cat marketing doesn’t work. You’ll get the attention and results you want if you speak in your own voice, forge your own path, and express your own unique message. True success comes from boldly being your authentic self.
I believe that content marketing should be fun. If it ever stops being fun, you probably need to rethink everything you’re doing.
These are the focus of everything I do, in my business and for my clients.
- I’m a trained writer with a degree in English and Psychology.
- I studied marketing at SMU’s Cox School of Business.
- I trained in copywriting under Dan Kennedy, Bob Bly, and AWAI.
- I learned best practice in sales funnels and product launches from industry pros.
- I’m a certified SEO copywriter and helped Ahrefs to create their SEO training content.
- I’ve worked in corporate marketing and PR departments, planning and scheduling all deliverables, writing content and managing projects from conception to completion.
- And I run my own information publishing business, so I know how important it is to get your strategy right and all the gears running smoothly and in sync.
Read My Articles On
- Crazy Egg
- Content Marketing Institute
- Search Engine Journal
- Early to Rise
Check Out these Articles that Feature Me
- Hall of Fame: The Best Marketing Articles of All Time, Ahref’s listing of the best content online. July 11, 2017.
- Content Marketing Magazine, March 2015 (ipad mag)
- PPCHero: The Top Women in CRO.
- Storeya: Tips for building your email list.
- HigherVisibility: Opinions on guest blogging.
- AWAI: What Do You Focus On? July 2012 interview.
- Blurbpoint: 101 Search Experts Roundup.
- Blurbpoint: 70+ SEO Experts Roundup.
- Blogging Wizard: 403 experts on how to build your online presence.
- Linkody: How Did 11 Internet Marketers Get Started?
- KISSmetrics: How to set marketing goals you can actually achieve.
- MediaShower: My advice on SEO and analytics.
- Formisimo: Where to start with CRO
- Viral Content Buzz: Here’s a recap of the Twitter chat I did with #VCBuzz
- RankWatch: The Future of Content Marketing (The full infographic is here.)
- CondrutTurcanu.com: Top 100 Blogs to Read for First Time Bloggers
- BloggingThing: Blogging Success: 100 Experts Share Their Greatest Accomplishment
- VWO Blog: 15 Conversion Rate Experts Share Why to Step Up from A/B Testing to Conversion Optimization
In addition, I’ve had hundreds of blog posts, press releases, magazine articles, essays and book reviews published throughout the years.
Longer works include