Looking for better content marketing results? You’ll find them when content meets conversion.
My mission is to provide innovative solutions for content marketers—specifically, content creators and entrepreneurs who want to…
- Drive more traffic and conversions.
- Leverage content for traction and growth.
- Write better and enjoy the process.
Think about this for a moment…
Content marketing isn’t everything it was promised to be. Just creating blog posts, videos, and other content won’t drive profits and growth. And what works for one business won’t necessarily work for the next.
Your success depends on finding the strategy that works best for your size of business, your industry, your customers, and more, and then integrating it into everything else you do.
You’ve got to be strategic.
My approach works for startups, SaaS companies, agencies, and any business trying to establish itself or scale for growth.
If you want to learn what’s working in content marketing—and how you can get results in your business—you’re in the right place. I’ll give you training and support that’s understandable and actionable, so you can focus on getting results, not just creating more content.
What I Do
I have a unique skill mix—writing, publishing and marketing—which is perfect for getting real results from content marketing. Add 25+ years of experience writing for all areas of marketing and PR, and you’ve got the recipe for success. I’m a strong believer in content marketing for results, not just for content’s sake.
That’s why, as a content strategist, I do more than evaluate your blog. I look at all your content, the channels you’re using, and even your message.
My goal is always quality and results. And I’m able to inspire the writers I train and manage to create the best possible content—which translates into better results for you.
Want to chat about your own content efforts? A 1-hour consultation is often enough to solve your thorniest challenge.
I’ve written for top brands around the world, including QuickSprout, Unbounce, KISSmetrics, Digital Marketer, and more. The rebranded Mirasee website was written almost entirely by me. My articles, books, courses, and content are recognized for their depth and ability to engage readers.
Do you have a long, complex project in mind? I write books and courses, as well as advanced guides, training materials, and other large-scale projects.
I may also be available for articles and other short-form projects. Reach out and let me know what you need.
I can work with you on a one-time or ongoing basis to help you figure out what works, write better copy, and implement strategies that get your desired results. Read more about my consulting services here.
Need training or coaching to improve your content writing skills? One-on-one coaching may be your best option.
If you like hype and over-selling, I’m not your gal. But if you want persuasive copy that makes your product irresistible, let me know. Here’s my track record:
- One sales insert I wrote increased responses by 6,300%.
- One of my white papers initiated an 11% response rate.
- After developing a marketing campaign for a new product line, I was asked to stop marketing. My campaign generated more leads than the sales team could follow up on.
Why I Do What I Do
At heart, I’m a philosopher and strategist. I love learning and sharing what I’ve learned. And I love building things from scratch.
Nothing gives me a greater thrill than knowing my work has helped someone overcome a problem or get the outcome they were aiming for.
So in a way, it’s all for fun. But in another way, it’s all about my community: the writers, the content marketers, and the entrepreneurs who want to create content that converts.
In my books, courses, and client work, I aim to provide innovative solutions that really work. Bottom line, I do it because it’s a win-win for my community, my clients, and me.
The Values That Guide My Business
I believe that more is rarely better. Streamlining your efforts can give you bigger results faster. But that requires efficient, effective practices, not chasing bright, shiny objects.
I believe that quality content requires quality at every stage of development: ideation, research, writing, and presentation. Do the work, and you’ll get results.
I believe that focusing on the 20% that gets results is smarter than doing 100% of what “they” say you should be doing. You’ll find that 20% by experimenting and testing.
I believe that copy-cat marketing doesn’t work. You’ll get the attention and results you want if you speak in your own voice, forge your own path, and express your own unique message. True success comes from boldly being your authentic self.
I believe that content marketing should be fun. If it ever stops being fun, you probably need to rethink everything you’re doing.
These are the focus of everything I do, in my business and for my clients.
- I’m a trained writer with a degree in English and Psychology.
- I studied marketing at SMU’s Cox School of Business.
- I trained in copywriting under Dan Kennedy, Bob Bly, and AWAI.
- I learned best practice in sales funnels and product launches from industry pros.
- I’m a certified SEO copywriter and helped Ahrefs to create their SEO training content.
- I’ve worked in corporate marketing and PR departments, planning and scheduling all deliverables, writing content and managing projects from conception to completion.
- And I run my own information publishing business, so I know how important it is to get your strategy right and all the gears running smoothly and in sync.
Read My Articles On
- Crazy Egg
- Content Marketing Institute
- Search Engine Journal
- Early to Rise
Check Out these Articles that Feature Me
- Hall of Fame: The Best Marketing Articles of All Time, Ahref’s listing of the best content online. July 11, 2017.
- Content Marketing Magazine, March 2015 (ipad mag)
- PPCHero: The Top Women in CRO.
- Storeya: Tips for building your email list.
- HigherVisibility: Opinions on guest blogging.
- AWAI: What Do You Focus On? July 2012 interview.
- Blurbpoint: 101 Search Experts Roundup.
- Blurbpoint: 70+ SEO Experts Roundup.
- Blogging Wizard: 403 experts on how to build your online presence.
- Linkody: How Did 11 Internet Marketers Get Started?
- KISSmetrics: How to set marketing goals you can actually achieve.
- MediaShower: My advice on SEO and analytics.
- Formisimo: Where to start with CRO
- Viral Content Buzz: Here’s a recap of the Twitter chat I did with #VCBuzz
- RankWatch: The Future of Content Marketing (The full infographic is here.)
- CondrutTurcanu.com: Top 100 Blogs to Read for First Time Bloggers
- BloggingThing: Blogging Success: 100 Experts Share Their Greatest Accomplishment
- VWO Blog: 15 Conversion Rate Experts Share Why to Step Up from A/B Testing to Conversion Optimization
In addition, I’ve had hundreds of blog posts, press releases, magazine articles, essays and book reviews published throughout the years.
Longer works include